Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reading With Karly #4

 I recently read a chapter of my book "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks
 
 
 
In this chapter, Katie is telling Alex about her past. Katie only really moved away to Southport to get away from her abusive husband. Alex knew that she about her situation before she even told him. And that is because Alex has seen behavior like it before. Then, in the following chapter Kevin her abusive husband is searching for her. I liked how he went back in forth with what was happening with Katie and Alex. After that the next chapter it would talk about Kevin. At first I hated the book than I continued it and began to like it. The book is obviously about romance but it definitely has a lot of suspense in it. And when Kevin goes to look for her he has her social security, her fake name and also a gun. I personally thought that Kevin was really crazy. Like he was just CRAZY. Something was very off with him. I'm just very glad that I didn't stop reading it because it was just that good. The author's intent was to show if you love someone you have to love them for them and not for their past. Meaning Alex loved Katie even through her horrible past. And even though Alex lost his wife a while back from cancer, Katie still loved him and his kids. One part of the book that made me want to really cry way when Kevin set her house on fire. And the kids and Katie were still in the house. The pattern of organization in this book is definitely problem solution and also cause and effect. One example of the problem solution is problem-when Kevin finds Katie and goes to take her back and brings a gun! Solution is- Alex and Katie fight him together and at the end Kevin..Dies.

3 comments:

  1. Your summary about Safe Haven was great, Karly. You mentioned very important events in your summary which was good. I actually read this book as well and loved it so much! I think that the fact that this novel is romantic yet suspenseful makes it great. I'm glad you liked it just as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it just a great book. My favorite characters were Katie and Alex's daughter Lexie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was a great book! My favorite characters were Katie and Alex. I hope you'll continue to read more books like this Karly. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete